Call of Duty DS Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A community for Call of Duty WaW, MWM, and the up-coming black ops.

HomeChat BoxLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Eve of War's Multiplayer Guide

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lou-Poompa
Average Joe
Average Joe

Call of Duty Friend Codes : MWM FC:WaW FC:

Eve of War's Multiplayer Guide Empty
PostSubject: Eve of War's Multiplayer Guide   Eve of War's Multiplayer Guide EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:47 am

Note, Eve made this guide; all credit goes to him. I'm posting this now and will ask his permission later: it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

I introduce to you my multi-player guide, as the leader of the Chaos Mercenaries and being viewed as a top player for this game, I am sure that you will find me as a reliable source for info about this game.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

In this strategy guide, we will discuss many of the most essentials tactics in the competitive scene.

====================================================
+++Weapons Detail and recommended uses of weapons.+++
====================================================

+++Grenades+++
All grenades(both Axis&Allies) take 5 seconds to detonate. Try cooking it up to 3 seconds and throw it at a spot where you'd expect the
enemy to be. These don't have much range in damage but if thrown close enough you can severely weaken them and follow up with some shots to
finish the kill.

+++Automatic weapons:+++
Most autos take 2 headshots for a kill, or around 10-15 bodyshots.

Type 100~The Type 100 is a fast fire auto, with some spray, it reloads slow, and carries 30 bullets per clip. This weapon is recommended in
small-medium sized maps. The reason for this is that the iron sights are difficult to hit precisely.

+Fast fire, if you aim for head area you'll most likely get a kill
-Bad ADS, and slow reload

MP44~This is considered to be one of the best automatics on the Ds version. It has fast fire, but not quite as fast as the T-100. Spray for
this gun is minimal, and you are always likely to score big. The iron sights are easy to use, but there are people that don't like it. One
disadvantage and the only one I could think of is that is has a slow reload.

+Accurate
+Good ADS
-Slow reload

MP40~A good auto with slow fire and some spray. It is a good all around auto, the main advantage this gun has is that is has a very fast
reload, and a clip size of 32.

+Fastest reload time in the game
+Decent ADS
-Slower fire
-Has some spray

B.A.R.~A good all around auto that deals good damage and fast reload. Only problem is that it has a clip size of 20, so you'll find yourself
reloading a lot. This weapon is recommended in FFAs or 2v2s when your opponents are already lowered on health and it takes less shots for a
kill.

+Minimal Spray
+Fast reload
-Small clip size

Thompson~This weapon is almost as good as the MP44, with accurate shots and decent ADS. Reload time is average, and has a clip size of 30.
One problem is that it has little ammo, so you'll often have to use your secondary if you get kill streaks.

+Medium fast fire
+Minimal spray
-Bad ADS
-Little ammo

Sten MK.II~Hill 26 is probably one of the best maps to use this weapon in, it has a lot of spray, so using it in the tunnels and small spaces of
Hill will be pretty effective. Has fast fire and a larger clip size of 32. Its iron sights are very good for me, it leaves space for me to see the
surrounding areas without blocking to much view.

+Fast fire
+Good in small maps
+Larger clip
+Good ADS
-Inaccurate
-Slow reload

Lanchester~I rarely use this weapon for its bad spray. It has a slow rate of fire and slow reload.

-Slow
-Sprays
-Wierd ADS

PPSH-41~Probably a very under-rated weapon, it has little spray, fast fire, decent ADS, and a big clip size of 71 bullets per clip. A reason
why it is rarely used is because of its horribly weak body shots, but the headshots deal the same amount of damage as the other autos.

+Large clip
+Decent ADS
+Little spray
-Weak body shots
-Slow reload
Eve_Of_War
Posted 11/7/2009 1:29:36 PM
message detail

+++Rifles:+++
Type 99~The weakest out of all the rifles. A slow rate of fire, bad ADS imo, but strong headshots. It takes around 15 bodyshots, but is
almost impossible to do unless you're playing someone with horrible aim. A recommended game mode is Type 99 Ninja, this is one of the few
times where you should use the T 99 in a match.

+Strong head shots
+Type 99 Ninja!
-Bad ADS
-Weak body shots

Walther G41~An accurate fast fire rifle, with good ADS and my favorite. It has a clip size of 10, and has little spray. I can get kills from
across the map with this weapon. The WG41 also deals good damage, with 4 body shots or 2 headshots.

+Good ADS
+Strong
+Shoots as fast as your fingers go
+Almost no spray
-Slow reload

M1 Garand~A good and accurate rifle with fast reload and small clip size. Its clip size is 8, but balances out with a fast reload.

+Strong
+Almost no spray
+Fast reload
-Small clip

SVT-40~A gun almost the same as the WG41, only difference is its ADS and on the allies team.
+Good ADS
+Strong
+Almost no spray
-Slow reload

+++Bolt action sniper rifles+++

-Type 97
-Karabener 98
-Springfield M1903
-Lee-Einfield
-Mosin-Nagant
In my opinion, all the snipers are the same except different looks and on different teams, the only sniper that stands out is the Springfield
M1903. It takes 1 bodyshot to kill and 2 headshots. Many people on random use it and take advantage of its OHKO body shots. Its also a
banned gun competitively.

=======================================
+++Map descriptions, and map control in 1v1s+++
=======================================

+++Map Descriptions+++

Field: Small in size, Field has three weapons that can be picked up, a Bazooka, and two sniper rifles. It has an outlaying path around a field
full of hay bales. A house on one side and a barn on another, these both have an upper floor for the perfect sniper positions.

Hill 26: Small in size, Hill 26 is a map that you can be easily ambushed on. You must watch your back wherever you go, whether it be in the
bunker or in the cave area, there are many spots where the enemy could pop out.

Island: Large in size, Island is a map is neat to look at, but deadly too. It features a long building, full of surprises, and a tall building for
sniper support, you may have a good time playing this map.

Palace: Large in size, Palace is a map you need to watch your back with. Easy to be ambushed, Palace has a large hole in it's courtyard with
tunnels leading to stairs on four outer sides. The enemy could be on your back before you realized it.

Subway: Medium in size, Subway has many hiding spots for those who like to camp.

Trenches: Large in size, Trenches is a simple map. Two bunkers, one on each side of the field, and a large trench system. You can obtain a
sniper in each bunker, making it perfect for those who can shoot through a scope.

Jungle: Medium in size, Jungle features an annoying glitch, which is used almost 100% of the time. It has paths leading to every place in
Jungle, from the Tank, to the Village, to the Bunker and back again, camping (not encouraged) might be your only trick. Guard the glitch spot
with your life, to get easy kills.

Rhine Forest: Medium in size, Rhine Forest has a road that splits the map. Ruined buildings on one side, and a large cabin on the other, it
makes a good spot for sniping. Be aware though, you can be killed with a grenade on the top floor.

Seelow: Large in size, a easily confusable map, Seelow is in a section of town that has recently seen battle, so there is all sorts of debris
everywhere. Be careful though, near the trenches and MG nests, there lies a Sniper Rifle, waiting to pick off those who are prepared.

Shuri Approach : Large in size, Shuri Approach is a map where you could be attacked anywhere. It has a series of metal stairs with holes
showing your position away. A sniper rifle and a bazooka can be obtained on the map.

Factory: Medium in size, Factory has all sorts of interesting spots. From a control room to the main floor, you can't watch them all.

+++Map Control 1v1s:+++

Field: Always keep in mind that they spawn across from you, if you're at a corner they spawn at the other corner, if you're on one side they
spawn on the other. Now that you know this, plan a strategy of how to anticipate them/be prepared for them. A good spot is the wagon, since
it provides cover from one side while viewing the pathway on the left. You'll have to keep your guard up though, since you never know how they
are going to appear. Some players like to get in the barn and ADS you, so watch out for that. A good offensive strategy is to go inside the
building up to the window, and ADS them before they kill you. Its a very effective strategy that can lead you to victory without a hassle.

Hill 26: Ahh...Hill, my favorite 1v1 map. This map doesn't only take good aim, it takes some iron tough strength to keep your opponent checked.
Remember this: If you're in the far side of the cave away from the room, they'll spawn somewhere in the room area, if you're behind the
wooden sign that says "Hill 26", then they'll spawn in the cave. If you're by the ladder, they'll spawn close to the hill. If you're past the Hill
but not quite in the cave they'll spawn in the top level where the ladder is. Now that you know this, the best tactic is to make them spawn in
the cave, since there are only two exits and you can easily guard them. After you get a kill, stand behind the Hill and count to five, after that
five go and guard the exits. Another very good tactic that works for me is standing on the edge of the white room, to the left of the wooden bridge.
There should be a wall guarding you. If you use your ADS you can shoot inside one of the exits of the cave while maintaining good
cover. The only bad thing to this is that you can't watch the other exit, so if they won't come out of that exit 4 seconds after the 5 second
count, then be prepared for them to come from behind or check out the other exit. With an iron fist you can dominate here.

Island: The spawns are the same as in Field. Opposites. There are 2 tactics that have been pretty effective here.
1. When you get the kill, stand at the very left of the map facing the storage building. You have to be behind the big rock though. This will
cause them to spawn in the building on the right side. As expected, they will come out of the right exit. If it takes a while for them to come out,
watch out for the other exits. Besides from standing behind the rock, another way is to get in the house on the left window and use iron sights
to aim towards the far right exit.

2. Stand on the left wing of the downed plane, count to 5, then guard the exits. That simple. You get good cover by hiding behind the plane
while being free to move and shoot.

Credits to Sasha for this strategy:
When you get a kill in the beginning, run on top of the rock in front of the tall watch-house.
Then ADS towards the door on the outer left door on the other side of the map. After about 3 sec.
After they respawn and they never came through doorway start watching the other 2 ways they can leave the building.
Soon they'll run out from one of the doorways, and you basically have them on lock-down. This is the infamous S-lock, for it's very accurate.

Palace: A very hard map to control because of its size. Try guarding corners and watch both sides. Running around won't help much since most
of the time you'll both be running in the same circle and never meet.

Subway: A big map with a rarely used strategy that I have developed. First, stand at the end of the hallway on the upper level. By the 'end' I
mean where you reach a corner and you see the fountain. Stand a little behind the corner, and ADS towards the staircase on the other side of
the fountain diagonal from you. Count to 5, if you don't see them then turn towards the other end of the hallway and they should be there too.
Its very hard to explain, sorry if it seems confusing.

Trenches: Well, no need to explain here, they all appear on the other side, so as long as you have good aim you should be fine. One thing though
is to avoid being out in the open.

Jungle: This map is pretty big. A common place to meet your opponent or hide and ambush is the area around the tank.

Rhine Forest: I like to view this map as if it had invisible lines all over the map that indicated where the person spawns. The gate is one such
line. If you're on the road right next to the gate, on the side of the small broken house, then your opponent will be at the bigger broken house.
If you stand in front of the small broken house and aim diagonal on the map, they should spawn in that area, so after the 5 second count, make
sure to check the road for the enemy. Standing on the second story of the big house is effective only if you have some good ADS. They will
spawn all the way across from you if you are at a window. You can easily shoot them if you have a good eye.

Seelow: Another big map, just remember that they spawn on the opposite area.

Shuri Approach: There are rooms here, the opponent spawns in the room across from you. Play very smart and stealthy here. And watch out
above and below.

Factory: One of my favorite and best maps. Over time, I developed a VERY effective lock that is guaranteed to lead you to victory if you have
good aim and quick reaction. When you kill your opponent, go to the area right out of the upper level room and drop down.You should see where
the map has the part where the floor goes under. Stand right at the edge where the floor dips down. Use your ADS and watch for three spots.

1. The white room
2.The upper level on top of the right room and a little to the left
3. If they don't appear in the above places watch out for the lower exit of the white room
==========================================================================
That pretty much sums up my guide, if you're wondering about how to win in 2v2s, just play smart, stick together, and don't go off running.

I would have to thank GhostSquad for writing his lengthy WW DS Guide, I copy and pasted map descriptions from his guide. I would also give credit to King Madness, and Sasha.
---
Join the Coalition at:
[].:ChaosCoalition.com:.[]
Back to top Go down
[¢S]PHaze
Legend
Legend
[¢S]PHaze

Call of Duty Friend Codes : MWM FC:073256542684 WaW FC:146258487154
DS Username : [¢S]PHaze

PostSubject: Re: Eve of War's Multiplayer Guide   Eve of War's Multiplayer Guide EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:32 pm

cool,it probably took you sometime to write this.
Back to top Go down
http://csdsclan.webs.com
Eve of War
If posts were a food, I would be a fat ass.
If posts were a food, I would be a fat ass.
Eve of War

Call of Duty Friend Codes : MWM FC: 154-853_029-174
WaW FC: 0044-6278-9928

PostSubject: Re: Eve of War's Multiplayer Guide   Eve of War's Multiplayer Guide EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 2:06 am

[¢S]PHaze wrote:
cool,it probably took you sometime to write this.

Writing it didn't take long, but formatting it for GF confused me a bit, lol.
Back to top Go down
http://chaoscoalition.net/
Monsta
Admin
Monsta

Call of Duty Friend Codes : « MWM »
U:5371-2370-9129
E:1806-3787-0959
« WaW »
U:3180-5951-3467
E:0732-6113-9040
DS Username : LoW~Monsta

PostSubject: Re: Eve of War's Multiplayer Guide   Eve of War's Multiplayer Guide EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 2:40 am

Nice guide Eve Smile
We should battle sometime.
Back to top Go down
https://codds.forumotion.com
G4COD
Admin
G4COD

Call of Duty Friend Codes : Ask me Smile
DS Username : LoW~G4COD

PostSubject: Re: Eve of War's Multiplayer Guide   Eve of War's Multiplayer Guide EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 10:15 pm

Ye, This Guide is awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.codlegendsnds.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eve of War's Multiplayer Guide   Eve of War's Multiplayer Guide Empty

Back to top Go down

Eve of War's Multiplayer Guide
Page 1 of 1