Call of Duty DS Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A community for Call of Duty WaW, MWM, and the up-coming black ops.

HomeChat BoxLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The mod/owner of xat situation

Go down 
+6
yodasonics
Iceflame
Fear
Mr. M
G4COD
Lou-Poompa
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Lou-Poompa
Average Joe
Average Joe

Call of Duty Friend Codes : MWM FC:WaW FC:

The mod/owner of xat situation Empty
PostSubject: The mod/owner of xat situation   The mod/owner of xat situation EmptySun May 16, 2010 5:26 pm

I'm a little nervous about the mod and owner set-up.

Current mods and owners are: G4, M, spark, bakin, eve, monsta, yoda

All these people are great members of the community but some people on this list are a bit inactive on the xat. I agree that we need to keep the number of mods and owners to a set minimum (to avoid "mod me nao pl0x"). But there are problems with our current mods. Quite honestly, the only reason I can see that Bakin and eve are mods is because they lead clans; however, neither of them are particularly active. I hate to just complain about things, because things are pretty great. I do feel though that modship (haha funny word) should be based on activity rather than something arbitrary like making the site or being a clan leader.
Back to top Go down
G4COD
Admin
G4COD

Call of Duty Friend Codes : Ask me Smile
DS Username : LoW~G4COD

PostSubject: Re: The mod/owner of xat situation   The mod/owner of xat situation EmptyMon May 17, 2010 3:19 pm

Yeah, Lou i think you are right, i was thinking to Make someone owner from N.A cause M. and Me. both Live in EU, so when u guys are on in the evening, we aren't :$, ( mostly)
Back to top Go down
http://www.codlegendsnds.webs.com
Mr. M
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time
Mr. M

Call of Duty Friend Codes : MWM: 3653-1851-0115
WaW: 1290-2303-4606
DS Username : Mr. M

PostSubject: Re: The mod/owner of xat situation   The mod/owner of xat situation EmptyMon May 17, 2010 5:39 pm

I demodded Eve, and we agreed (well, we....) that Bakin would be demodded too. Then I had to mod Lame, no problem with that, but what is the problem now?
Back to top Go down
http://dualscreen.tk
Fear
Average Joe
Average Joe
Fear

Call of Duty Friend Codes : MWM FC:WaW FC: 4468-5934-9261
DS Username : Fear

PostSubject: Re: The mod/owner of xat situation   The mod/owner of xat situation EmptyMon May 17, 2010 7:07 pm

Yeah, I think there definitely needs to be 1 more active Owner. From those people, Bakin is the only one that's semi-active that should be Owner. Monsta would be my second (but last resort) choice, since I would never nominate myself. Some other candidates may arise once Black Ops is released.

That creates 1 more Moderator position that should go to an active and reputable member, which I'll gladly and should be able to take.
Back to top Go down
http://ChaosCoalition.com
G4COD
Admin
G4COD

PostSubject: Re: The mod/owner of xat situation   The mod/owner of xat situation EmptyMon May 17, 2010 7:11 pm

yeah, fear i'm ok with that Smile, turn u into a mod, and a new owner ? but who, ? confused Razz
Back to top Go down
Mr. M
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time
Mr. M

Call of Duty Friend Codes : MWM: 3653-1851-0115
WaW: 1290-2303-4606
DS Username : Mr. M

PostSubject: Re: The mod/owner of xat situation   The mod/owner of xat situation EmptyMon May 17, 2010 7:15 pm

He probably won't accept it, but.... Chewy? He is insane, crazy, hypocrite, but active, and he will just sing a song when somebody asks him to make that person a mod Smile
Back to top Go down
http://dualscreen.tk
Iceflame
Average Joe
Average Joe
Iceflame

Call of Duty Friend Codes : MWM FC:1419-6809-8290 WaW FC:2750-7367-0367
DS Username : FRIceflame

PostSubject: Re: The mod/owner of xat situation   The mod/owner of xat situation EmptyMon May 17, 2010 7:44 pm

Yesterday the talk of people being modded and de-modded got too out of hand for my liking, there was talk of de-modding Eve and Bakin because their not very active and people claimed that the only reason they were mods was because they are clan leaders and there was talk of de-ownering M which i'm completely against.

I agree with de-modding bakin and Eve they should not get to be mods because their liked more then others or their Leaders in their Clan.

Here's my opinion of how we should run the community. Bakin, M, Monsta, Eve, G4 and one more person which the community would elect as their Voice should be the "Council" The Council will consult with each other to vote on rules, Clan activitys etc for the good of the community and Mods uphold and enforce the rules they make.

Say if the Council decides to change something in the chat G4, M or The elected Voice of the community as Owners would make the change while Bakin and Eve helped decide on it BUT, they had to consult with G4, M and The elected Voice of the community to put the change into action.

Here's an example, Yoda wants to change the background of the chat to a wolf so he would ask the council to vote on it, Eve and M vote to change it But Bakin, G4 and The elected Voice of the community vote to keep earth as the background so majority rules and the Earth is kept as the background. with 5 people on the Counsil their cannot be a tied vote.

I think we should have 4 very active mods to enforce the decisions of the Council and The Owners should be M, G4 and Whoever the Community elects to put on the Council as their Voice.

Last edited by Iceflame on Mon May 17, 2010 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
yodasonics
Legend
Legend
yodasonics

Call of Duty Friend Codes : MWM FC:3051-7689-5830
WaW FC:4425-7514-1398
DS Username : FRyoda

PostSubject: Re: The mod/owner of xat situation   The mod/owner of xat situation EmptyMon May 17, 2010 7:46 pm

Yoda hates wolf Neutral
Back to top Go down
Eve of War
If posts were a food, I would be a fat ass.
If posts were a food, I would be a fat ass.
Eve of War

Call of Duty Friend Codes : MWM FC: 154-853_029-174
WaW FC: 0044-6278-9928

PostSubject: Re: The mod/owner of xat situation   The mod/owner of xat situation EmptyMon May 17, 2010 7:55 pm

Iceflame wrote:
Yesterday the talk of people being modded and de-modded got too out of hand for my liking, there was talk of de-modding Eve and Bakin because their not very active and people claimed that the only reason they were mods was because they are clan leaders and there was talk of de-ownering M which i'm completely against.

I agree with de-modding bakin and Eve they should not get to be mods because their liked more then others or their Leaders in their Clan.

Here's my opinion of how we should run the community. Bakin, M, Monsta, Eve, G4 and one more person which the community would elect as their Voice should be the "Council" The Council will consult with each other to vote on rules, Clan activitys etc for the good of the community and Mods uphold and enforce the rules they make.

Say if the Council decides to change something in the chat G4, M or The elected Voice of the community as Owners would make the change while Bakin and Eve helped decide on it BUT, they had to consult with G4, M and The elected Voice of the community to put the change into action.

Here's an example, Yoda wants to change the background of the chat to a wolf so he would ask the council to vote on it, Eve and M vote to change it But Bakin, G4 and The elected Voice of the community vote to keep earth as the background so majority rules and the Earth is kept as the background. with 5 people on the Counsil their cannot be a tied vote.

I think we should have 4 very active mods to enforce the decisions of the Council and The Owners should be M, G4 and Whoever the Community elects to put on the Council as their Voice.

I leik idea.
Back to top Go down
http://chaoscoalition.net/
Fear
Average Joe
Average Joe
Fear

Call of Duty Friend Codes : MWM FC:WaW FC: 4468-5934-9261
DS Username : Fear

PostSubject: Re: The mod/owner of xat situation   The mod/owner of xat situation EmptyMon May 17, 2010 7:56 pm

Good idea. Keep the ranks the way they are now unless a new/more active chat Owner is needed.
I think we should hold elections for 2 more to be added to the Council.
Back to top Go down
http://ChaosCoalition.com
Spark
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time
Spark

Call of Duty Friend Codes : MWM FC: 4555-2619-5153

PostSubject: Re: The mod/owner of xat situation   The mod/owner of xat situation EmptyMon May 17, 2010 7:57 pm

yodasonics wrote:
Yoda hates wolf Neutral

Lies.
Back to top Go down
Chewy
Legend
Legend
Chewy

Call of Duty Friend Codes : MWM: 2794-0680-6951
WaW: 0817-7177-8298
DS Username : Chewy

PostSubject: What's the point of a post title?   The mod/owner of xat situation EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:13 pm

The council thing sounds good and gravy, except I think it doesn't need to have an odd number of representatives. If a vote ends up in a tie, that just gives everyone more time to think of what would be the best choice. But anyways, that doesn't matter.

I don't understand why you guys are saying Bakin is inactive. He's at the chat pretty much the whole day, and day 0's there at night! The only problem with Bakin is that he tends to give people like Rookie mod powers. But we won't need to worry about that because Moderators cannot make someone a Moderator.

As for Eve, I'm sure he doesn't give a rats ass if he's a Moderator or not. He's busy taking care of things over at CC and only drops by to give his greetings. If only we had a clone of Eve to watch over the chat, because he did a great job with CMansion. RIP, CMansion. Sad

Now for myself, I would have to decline M's lovely offer. I can't even play MWM since I'm a latency error magnet, and I play WaW like once a month. I would be kicking Rookie constantly and provoke chat raiders to proceed in their raiding. Not to mention I'm always spamming lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Ryroo
Legend
Legend

Call of Duty Friend Codes :

PostSubject: Re: The mod/owner of xat situation   The mod/owner of xat situation EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:22 pm

As long as there's some mod at the chat, I'm OK with it.
Back to top Go down
G4COD
Admin
G4COD

PostSubject: Re: The mod/owner of xat situation   The mod/owner of xat situation EmptyFri May 21, 2010 8:18 pm

Yeah, I don't really care so it's up to u guys Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The mod/owner of xat situation   The mod/owner of xat situation Empty

Back to top Go down

The mod/owner of xat situation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Call of Duty DS Community :: Off Topic-
Jump to: